Red Crescent launches relief, health projects in the presence of President Rouhani
TEHRAN, 17 September 2020 - (IRCS) Iranian Red Crescent opened a number of projects in the areas of relief, health, treatment and rehabilitation as well as 1,400 Khaneye Helal via videoconference in the present of President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday, September 17.
The relief posts and health, treatment and rehabilitation centres were opened in the provinces of Isfahan, Hormozgan, Ardebil, Bushehr, Ilam, Mazandaran, Gilan, South Khorasan, Kermanshah, Kerman, Golestan and Alborz.
“The president is always a friend and an active volunteer of the Iranian Red Crescent,” said Dr Hemmati, President of the Iranian Red Crsecent during the opening ceremony.
Khaneyeh Helal (literally Red Crescent House) is established in deprived and remote areas of the country to provide public education to people.
Iranian Red Crescent has opened 1,400 Khaneyeh Helal so far, which are planned to reach 5reach by 2021. The Society’s goal is to establish 37,000 Khaneyeh Helal across Iran to increase community resilience in disasters.
Activities in Khaneyeh Helal are completely volunteer-oriented.
The projects which opened in the presence of President Rouhani through onloine include the following:
- Opening of 1400, Khaneyeh Helal
- Developing and equiping Red Crescent’s relief and rescue network, including:
- 71 relief trucks equipped with shelter
- Opening seven relief and rescue posts in Isfahan, Hormozgan and Ardebil provinces; Opening relief warehouses in Bushehr, - Ilam, Mazandaran, South Khorasan and Kermanshah.
- 52 Gemini boats
- Building and equippning Health, Treatment and Rehabilitation centres in the provinces of Guilan, Kerman, Mazandaran, Golestan, Kerman, Semnan and Alborz.